Sunday, November 18, 2007

Thing #21: Podcasts

Podcasts:
Useful, lots of training potential, entertaining, express yourself!

I started at Podcast.net, did a search on "public library" and then "public libraries" and found a podcast for teen librarians about use of graphic novels and anime resources. And that is as far as I got. Even after tweaking my firewall, I could not get further than the opening music and 1-2 sentences before everything stopped. I'm working at home so there is a glitch somewhere.

Because we have two PCs, I used the second machine which has an iTunes account installed.
I looked at the iTunes podcast directory and got a good sense of what is available in the many categories.

This is the first techno-challenge, outside of the Meez catastrophe, that has plagued my efforts. However, I can still use a library PC to explore podcasts further

No comments: